SOUTHWEST VEGETABLES IN RANCHERO SAUCE
1 cup minced onion
2 T olive oil
30 strands of dry angle hair pasta
1 cup long grain rice
4 cups of vegetable broth
Fresh ground black pepper
1 bag Southwest Vegetables with Ranchero Sauce
- Heat a sauce pot to medium.
- Add olive oil and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Crumble the Dry pasta and add to the pot. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is gone.
- Heat the Southwest Vegetables with Ranchero Sauce.
- Spoon out the Rice and top with the hot Southwest Vegetables with Ranchero Sauce.
(Makes 4 servings)